Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear Joseph,

Thanks for helping shovel snow when you were here. Right now, it is starting to get warmer and the snow is gone. You know that you live further south than Grandma and Papa, so it stays colder here for a longer time.

While you are rapidly growing and learning, Papa is getting older and slowing down a bit. That's what happens to older people. It is normal and it is okay. Sure, I can't do some of the things I could do when I was younger, but I have found many other pleasures to enjoy. You are one of them. I take great joy in our telephone talks, even though you are usually in the bath tub when they occur.

As far as new stuff: Aunt Tammy will be having a little baby girl soon. That girl will be your cousin and my grand daughter. That little girl will also be your Mom's niece. Confused? It will all make sense soon.

I guess we may see each other in Chicago, but I am not yet sure of the dates. Until then, remember...Papa loves you.

Papa

x

No comments: