Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dear Joseph,
It is hard to believe you are already two years old; and it is amazing how much you've learned and how much you've learned to do in that short time. I say short time because for some one who is Papa's age time seems to go fast. On the other hand, when you are young, time seems to pass slowly.

No matter, I (along with your grandmothers and grandfather, Michael) have taken so much joy in watching you grow. It is clear that you have a bright future and the talent to become a wonderful young man; but don't rush it.

Let time pass slowly as you savor each young year and learn new things. Enjoy the changes in the seasons and in your body as your mind stores away lessons and experiences that will one day serve you well.

I wish you and mom and dad lived closer to us so that I could be with you more often. Maybe one day. For now, happy birthday (I hope you got my recorded birthday song), and L'Chaim.

Papa loves you.

No comments: